Friday, August 17, 2012

Food woes

Without even thinking about it I still pick up Oliver's favorite foods and put them in the shopping cart. Goldfish, cheese slices, Kashi bars.I still walk around with the mindset of feeding our son breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I saw these 100% organic fruit roll up type things on sale 3 for $1 and immediately thought "Wow, those would be great for Oliver's snack at daycare" only to feel a sharp pain in my heart when I remember that he doesn't eat food anymore...or go to daycare.

From day one I took immense pride in feeding Oliver. When I nursed him I touted the benefits of it to anyone who would listen (and especially those who didn't want to listen and dared to challenge it) As he got older I loved hunting for healthy toddler snacks. Reading labels and keeping chemicals and other garbage out of his body. I loved buying veggies and fruits at the farmer's market and cooking them up in meals, or sneaking them in to spaghetti sauce, thanks Dawn ;). We had Oliver convinced that broccoli was a tiny tree so he'd eat them and I randomly started calling carrots "cookies" one night and after months of aversion he suddenly started eating them!!(haha, I know that's kind of a weird Mommy tactic)

I miss his face covered in pasta sauce and the kisses he would blow to us when he was pleased with his meal.

I miss this...so so much....
















No comments:

Post a Comment