Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm really sorry to those of you who have ordered bracelets recently, or donated this past month and haven't received a thank you. This month has been crazy and is taking a huge emotional toll. We will work hard to get everything out this week. Please know that we are so grateful for your love and support.
Ollie has been much more comfortable on his new medicine, so we are very happy about that. His tube is leaking less and less each day. We had a great time at Tamara and Neil's wedding! We danced with Ollie and everyone took turns holding him and kissing him. He loved the music and all the action!
Here he is sitting with his Nana.




I am not doing so well, Lyme disease is kicking my butt. I have brain fog, anxiety, no energy, and Bell's palsy on the right side of my face. Yes, Bell's Palsy. It can be brought on by Lyme and/or stress, and well, it turns out I have both! I can barely close my eye and my smile is crooked and weird. It feels like when you go to the dentist and novocaine is wearing off. My right eye only blinks every now and then and it isn't in sync with the left making me look crazy. I was at the eye doctor yesterday and he's keeping a close eye (haha) on me to make sure the lack of blinking on the paralyzed side isn't damaging the cornea. I go back next week and the neurologist on Thursday. The only treatment is steroids, which can cause the Lyme bacteria to go ballistic, so basically my only treatment option is "time" and to "relieve the stress in my life". Right. Looks like I'll be battling Bell's for some time.
I had planned on stopping to score some coupon deals at CVS on the way home from the appointment, but the eye Dr. had used drops that temporarily made the whites of my eyes bright yellow! So between my crooked smile, frozen cheek muscles, and weird yellow eyes that blink at completely different times I decided to go straight home and not have New Milford police hunting down a terrifying couponing zombie girl.
Here is Ollie taking a nap on Daddy right now...




I need to go eat dinner so that I can take my zombie meds, I mean, antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment